Saturday, May 23, 2020

Autonomy Interlude





You know, it’s funny but true 
But since I've known you.
My autonomy has been found
In the time shared by us two. 

Which makes me utterly happy,
Though the fact is a bit sad.
Locked in stagnation and trauma,
Transmuted to experiences grand.

And of course I am versed, 
In approximate monogamy.
I’ve even practiced it in days
Enough to fill cases,
Tho I admit not always perfectly. 

But for the greater percentage,
of most of these ol’ lived-long days.
A decade under the yoke,
Of a situation over-stayed.

I've played mono-el-mono 
Just one significant someone.
But he broke my heart long a ago,
Yet held my feet to the ground.

Not to say it was abusive,
At least not intentionally.
But situational excess emotion,
Is triggering for someone as me. 

But it isn’t a blame game.
It is what it is.
And if it holds me in your orbit
My gratitude for the spin. 








No comments: