Sunday, May 3, 2020

Xxxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx



Xxxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Errant etude from a 
Damned jammed
Kazoo!
I want to not 
obsess over you.
Ear-worm of a song,
Droning on and on.
How to escape,
The chorus of a brain?
Once it quiets your tune,
It just starts up again!
To mute should be easy.
Then I’d be cut loose.
It’s just I don’t seem able,
To get under you.
As in beneath the skin,
To the heart that beats true.
 I’m not someone possessive. 
Though my interest is keen.
I don’t seek to usurp,
The sovereignty of your mien.
I just want to know,
Your full steady regard.
Intimacy the reward for,
Maintained distant yard-arm.
I’d hope that you like me,
For all that I am.
I’m prepared to do so,
For you just the same.
Oh, I want to spend ages; 
Naked and cavorting.
Gobbling interaction like a,
Club kid, line-snorting.
Alas, I can’t help it.
I know it’s not to be.
See, I know the truth;
That reflects poorly on me.
As, all I’ve really got to offer,
Is a top-shelf caboose.
And they’re dimed by the dozen,
To one such as you.
With your mojo, and net worth.
Who would have known?
That success could make barriers.
Built of the experiences and
The things one can own.
So there’s really no point at all,
to all that has been.
Thankfully for us both,
it’s mostly just in my head.
And I simply can’t see my way, 
into your Significance.
I bring you no assets,
Just random;
Malarking, 
Esoteric tid-bits.
And financial irresponsibility.
A lowly credit score.
And educational debt that will pursue me,
Forevermore.
Indeed, I’ve never had more,
Than two cents to my name.
And the ability 
to dedicate; 
My heart, unto someone,
Making brighter their days.
And that’s not really a virtue.
Just an attempt to escape.
The responsibility of 
actualizing the potential; 
I’m in this life to make.



No comments: